14.4.05

t r u t h o u t - Cindy Sheehan | Casey's Story

t r u t h o u t - Cindy Sheehan | Casey's Story: "My son, Casey Austin Sheehan, was born on May 29, 1979. After a long labor, he was born on Memorial Day. I would look into his eyes and see a depth of wisdom there from the time he was born. He was born with an 'old soul.' As a proud mom, I knew, and I would tell everyone who would listen to me, that he was going to be a great man. I was right. I just didn't realize how great he was going to be ... or how much his moment of greatness was going to hurt me.

Casey was a very good baby. From the time he was about 7 months old and had gone into his own room, he would wake up in the morning and talk to himself and play with his crib gym. His dad and I would lie in our room and listen to him play. When he learned to walk, he would come up behind me when I would be doing the dishes and he would throw his arms around my legs, kiss me on the butt, and say: 'I wuv you mama.' He had a little teddy bear that he called 'Bear.' He ate all the fur off of it and he ate all the fuzz from the inside of it. He wouldn't go to bed without it though. I still have his bear and it is now sitting on the shelf by the flag that was draped over his coffin. "

Aucun commentaire: