18.3.06

WP: DEA balks at Canada's 'Prince of Pot' - washingtonpost.com Highlights - MSNBC.com

WP: DEA balks at Canada's 'Prince of Pot' - washingtonpost.com Highlights - MSNBC.com: "Emery will get a judicial hearing in Canada later this year. The Canadian justice minister in the new conservative government could block the extradition, but he is a tough-talking former prosecutor and Emery acknowledges his chances are 'slim odds indeed.'

'In the U.S, I have every confidence I would get a minimum of 30 years,' Emery says in an interview in the basement of his bookstore. 'I'll get a longer sentence than I'd get in Canada for multiple murder, for something no one in Canada has ever gone to jail for.'

Here is the twist: Emery welcomes it. Almost.

'I'm interested in whatever would legalize pot fastest,' he says. 'Part of me believes that going to jail will accelerate that process. And part of me believes that if I die in jail it will accelerate it even faster.'

That is as much for Emery's devotion to the spotlight as devotion to the cause, he concedes.

'I'm very interested to see what happens to me, because I think I am a person of destiny,' he says, with no trace of modesty. 'I haven't been fearful since the moment I was arrested. I just felt my time has finally come. . . .

'I've already got this grand-scale epic going in my head. I am out to destroy the DEA and defeat them. And they are out to destroy me.'"

Aucun commentaire: